The creation of interwar schools in Metro-Land is synonymous with two men, WT Curtis and HW Burchett. As Middlesex County Council architects between the wars, they built a swathe of Dudok influenced modernist schools all around the county. Their schools, featuring a central stair tower, are as great a part of Modernism in Metro-Land as Charles Holden’s famous tube stations. The buildings have stood the test of time, and the majority are still in use as schools and colleges all over the region. They also laid the groundwork for the post war innovations of CG Stillman when he took over as head of the MCC in 1946.